Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:19 am 

I typically have come into Myrtle on a Saturday around lunch and almost every way in (501, 22, 9, 17) can feel like a parking lot.
This year we are coming in on a Sunday and assume that all the routes in around lunch time are also going be congested.

Our goal is to get into Myrtle around lunch, grab a bite at Broadway and hang out until we check in (like everyone else is also doing).

I will be leaving near the Winston-Salem area on Sunday morning and heading south on I74.

Would you take 74 to 38 to 501?

I would like to stay on 74 to 410 to 9 then 31 into Broadway.

Any suggestions on either route (or another one) and avoid the least amount of traffic to arrive Sunday around 1PM?

Is it worth working my family into leaving much earlier on Sunday morning and getting into Myrtle before lunch like 11AM hour?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 am 

panzer wrote:
I typically have come into Myrtle on a Saturday around lunch and almost every way in (501, 22, 9, 17) can feel like a parking lot.
This year we are coming in on a Sunday and assume that all the routes in around lunch time are also going be congested.

Our goal is to get into Myrtle around lunch, grab a bite at Broadway and hang out until we check in (like everyone else is also doing).

I will be leaving near the Winston-Salem area on Sunday morning and heading south on I74.

Would you take 74 to 38 to 501?

I would like to stay on 74 to 410 to 9 then 31 into Broadway.

Any suggestions on either route (or another one) and avoid the least amount of traffic to arrive Sunday around 1PM?

Is it worth working my family into leaving much earlier on Sunday morning and getting into Myrtle before lunch like 11AM hour?

I wouldn't think traffic would be as bad on a Sunday. It's still a "check in day", but won't be near as busy as s Saturday. We came in around 11:00 ok a Saturday in late June and it was smooth sailing on 501/544.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 am 
Site Admin

We would take 74 to 410 to 9 then 31 into Broadway. Be sure to lock your car and hide valuables since you will not have checked into your hotel yet.

Sat. is what they call "change day" so you're dealing with all the campgrounds who made that rule. Sunday should be better.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 pm 

Thanks patrish and MBKY for the replies.

Getting a confirmation someone else prefers 74 to 410 to 9 then 31 is also a win.

I've done the lunch before check in at BATB multiple times and of course lock my car but I get the its the times nowadays less savory people probably feed on checking doors in the parking lot.