Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com



It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Route 40 N.C. to I-95
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 6
Location: New Jersey
Going north to N.J. someone told me it's best to go through Wilmington N.C. to I-40. Can someone tell me how to get there from M.B. Looking at a map, it's a bit confusing.
Thanks
Ed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 9:52 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Charleston, WV
EasyEd wrote:
Going north to N.J. someone told me it's best to go through Wilmington N.C. to I-40. Can someone tell me how to get there from M.B. Looking at a map, it's a bit confusing.
Thanks
Ed


Not that complicated.
North on RT 17 towards Wilmington. Just before town you'll see signs for I 140. I 140 by-passes town. Takes you around to I 40...
Halfway over to I 95 you'll see RT 117 towards Goldsboro. Take it up to Goldsboro where it becomes I 795. 795 runs you up to I 95 shaving off several miles.

Another route to consider. From NMB run RT 9 out to Tabor City. RT 701 a few miles north just past Tabor City. RT 701 turns left towards Chadbourne. Straight through Chadbourne to RT 74. RT 74 over to Lumberton and I 95.
Few miles longer but higher average speeds evens out the drive times some.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:33 am
Posts: 755
Location: "Southern" New York
pop2748 wrote:
Another route to consider. From NMB run RT 9 out to Tabor City. RT 701 a few miles north just past Tabor City. RT 701 turns left towards Chadbourne. Straight through Chadbourne to RT 74. RT 74 over to Lumberton and I 95.
Few miles longer but higher average speeds evens out the drive times some.....


We live in NY and have been using this route for years. We stay near the NMB area so it's convenient. You really get to see some rural southern towns with this route as well.

_________________
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hugs, Emmy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:14 pm
Posts: 6
Traffic is starting to back up going through Chadborne during our recent trips to North Myrtle Beach. Is there another way to go around Chadbourne from 74?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 6:03 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Slant, VA
pop2748 wrote:
EasyEd wrote:
Going north to N.J. someone told me it's best to go through Wilmington N.C. to I-40. Can someone tell me how to get there from M.B. Looking at a map, it's a bit confusing.
Thanks
Ed


Not that complicated.
North on RT 17 towards Wilmington. Just before town you'll see signs for I 140. I 140 by-passes town. Takes you around to I 40...
Halfway over to I 95 you'll see RT 117 towards Goldsboro. Take it up to Goldsboro where it becomes I 795. 795 runs you up to I 95 shaving off several miles.



Goldsboro jogs the memory of the worst vacation night I have ever had. Very long story. I assume this runs through Mount Olive maybe? I spent a July night in the back of a Ford Tempo as my family tried to find some lodging go through alternating towns smelling of pickles and chicken poop. :off-topic:

_________________
Michael


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group