Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From Central Va. to M.B.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:41 pm 

We've traveled a few different ways to and from the Beach, but this year we're looking at staying off the MAJOR ROADS (85,95,40) as much as possible. Been looking at various routes, and from MY starting point (Farmville, Va., 50 M WEST of Richmond, 50M EAST of Lynchburg) I thought about 15S to and thru OXFORD, picking up 96E, and hopping on 95S for 7-8 miles, then picking up 701 the rest of the way into S.C. From there it's a breeze. Has anyone gone this way before in the recent past. Never been on 96, so that's why I'm asking. We'll probably have 5 in the vehicle, including 1 1/2 yr. old grandson, and I'm thinking the loud noises of those trucks on 95 may frighten him. (And to be honest, traveling 95 ANYWHERE frightens ME, but it's only a 7-8 Mi. stint...I'll do that with my EYES CLOSED!!!! LOL!!!). Any responses will be greatly appreciated. I know it'll add time to the trip, but it's a vacation, and vacations are for getting away from the hustle + bustle. Also, scheduled to arrive on 14th. of Aug., leaving home betwix 5 and 6 a.m.). :bounce: :hello: :nanner: :hello: :bounce:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm 

Hello neighbor. I am from South Boston. I believe we hit Interstate 95 around the NC/SC border for just a short time. (my husband is in charge of directions/driving) From what I remember, we have taken that part of your route a few years and it doesn't seem bad at all. The time that you are on the interstate is very short and my husband says that he likes to make better time with the higher speeds, but that's an ex-truck driver talking too. :lol:
We took our grandson last year when he was 1 1/2yrs old. You will have a blast with your grandson this year! Happy Vacation!