Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:34 pm 

My mother and her boyfriend are in town visiting us for the weekend, so we took them to Huntington today. Surprisingly, after living here a year and a half, this was actually our first trip to Huntington (Disgraceful... I know...). I thought it was absolutely beautiful, and we all had a tremendous day.

I especially loved the castle. We don't really talk about it a whole lot on the board, so I was expecting to see the foundation of an old boring building and not much more. To my delight, I walked through the gate and immediately fell in love with the place. Maybe because I'm really a sucker for old buildings and historical sites. It was MUCH bigger than I expected, and there were so many rooms and halls to walk through. I will definitely be going back there sometime by myself without the kids just to wander and read all the "educational" signs in every room. It's very misleading to look at from the parking lot. It really looks like a dumpy old fort. But turn the corner into the gate, and it's so pretty. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Pictures from Huntington...
http://www.pbase.com/katiejohn/huntingt ... park_92107

I separated the pictures from Atalaya into a separate album...
http://www.pbase.com/katiejohn/atalaya_castle_092107

Fun story for the day:
Kylie grabbed two fistfuls of sand on the beach and then suddenly had an itch on her face. She rubbed sand all over her face and eyes, so I brought her to the waves to wash off as much as I could. Note to self... DO NOT squat down to a child's level in the ocean. A wave came flying up and hit my shorts in such a way that the rest of the afternoon I walked around looking like I wet my pants!! :bootyshake: