Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 am 

Murrell's Inlet Taste of the Marshwalk
February 9th 2014
http://s124.photobucket.com/user/LEsherick2007/library/Murrells%20Inlet%20Taste%20of%20the%20Marshwalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Lauren, thanks for the photos. How many restaurants participated in this event and what did you think about the food? Did they sell tickets? How was the value for the price?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 am 

If I remember correctly their were eight restaurants I do think Drunkn' Jacks provided a sampling table also with She Crab Soup and those good hush puppies with Honey Butter, with Bovines, Wahoo's Fish House, Bubba's Love Shak, Creek Ratz, Capt Dave's Dockside, Dead Dog Saloon, and Wicked Tuna and fresh fish and shellfish were provided by Seven Seas Seafood Market who also had several long collets placed in different locations selling fresh seafood and showing what they offer at their Market. It was free to attend and I don't think any of the food samples were more than $3 We only had Oysters and they were $3 for a half dozen which breaks down to 50 cents per oyster which is probably the cheapest you can get at any raw bar along the Grand Strand for Happy Hour. And our Hushpuppies were $2 it was a good snack we were watching our money so we did not try something from every restaurant.

The Lazy Gator. Provided free parking and fudge samples. Kids activities and the car shows were held in a few of the Larger parking lots next to the Marsh Walk. Lots of Artisans were set up selling and showing off their crafts. Music was playing at most of the restaurants. On the Marsh Walk next to Bubba Love Shak, Bubba was out there shucking raw oysters and steaming some to. You could even try your hand at shucking some and you could try to fish from one of the small piers or even go crabbing.

Out on the Murrells Inlet Veterans Pier they were offering a Marsh Boat Tour and Kids Pirate adventure tour. We got there at 2pm on Sunday and it was finishing up at 4 or 5 pm and as it was both my mom's and my first time ever to the Marsh Walk we wanted to take in the sights more so than shop or try activities. I wanted to take a few pictures of cars at the car show but when we arrived many cars were already leaving. We started at Wahoo's and went up to Bovines and then walked to the Veterans Pier then walked back to Bubba's Love Shak for 2 raw on the half shell oysters we got a half dozen each for $3 and 1 Hushpuppies from Drunkn' Jacks and sat down to enjoy our oysters. I ate mine with hot sauce on top of saltines and my mom had hers with lemon on a few saltines. They were the best, cold, fresh, salty and spicy. I am dreaming of oysters and just last Monday was the first time in ages and the only time having them raw that I ate oyster. I used to think I did not like them but I was wrong. Now I like them more than blue crabs or steamed clams, that's saying a lot! We were loving the Marsh Walk as it was our first look at it, yes it was very busy but it was fun. I will return!

http://marshwalk.com/special-events/taste-of-the-marshwalk/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm 

Great photos Lauren. Thank you for sharing. You are so lucky to be a snowbird this year! Enjoy your time at the beach.
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the detailed information, Lauren. Sorry we could not have been there.....maybe next year. Glad you finally got to see the Marshwalk! It's one of my most favorite spots in the Grand Strand!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:30 am 

GREAT detailed review Lauren! Thanks so much for taking the time to share :hello: