Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am 
Site Admin

We finally got to the not-so-new-now Froyoz at Broadway at the Beach. It's located on Celebrity Square. (If you stand with your back to Landry's, you can see it on your left. )

Although this was mentioned by Jeff (username parrotheadjwb) in his Dayton House trip review on June 12, I have not seen any reviews posted in the restaurant section yet. We were there for the first time a few days ago, so here goes…..

There is only one size cup…large. The incentive is, I'm sure, the hope that you'll fill it up. But as you can see in the picture below, both our cups are about half full.

They have a gazillion choices which you can view in the website below. Froyoz is a make-it-youself shop. You grab a cup, get in line, add whatever ingredients you might like, mix and match, then place your cup on a scale where it is weighed and you are charged. You'll find a wide variety of healthy and non-healthy items.

This was a fun experience, and the mixtures we concocted were quite tasty (even if I overdid it a little with the hot fudge. ) Even though we were there just before closing time the inside seats were full. We sat outside on a bench across from Froyoz, and before we finished our creations, people were leaving. They turned out the lights at 9 PM. We watched as several more people arrived, looked in, or tried the door. If it were my place of business, I would stay open a little later to catch the after-IMAX and after-movie crowds. Maybe they are open later in the summer months.

The price per ounce was approximately 50¢, and our orders totaled right around $5. each. We'll probably do this again, the next time we're back at BATB.

The website is:
http://www.froyozusa.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm 

I had planned to visit this place back in July and totally forgot. So unlike me to forgot ice cream :lol: It is on my list for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:32 pm 

We have a place that is exactly like this in Maryland called Menchies. Either way, it sounds great!