Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Property in MB area
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 am 

My hubby and I will be going to MB in Sept. When were there, we want to start looking at property to purchase/rent maybe within a few years. We go back and forth on a condo on the beach or a house within driving distance to the beach. And I think I'm leaning towards a house within 1/2 drive distance to the beach. I love to garden and can't imagine not having one.

Can anyone point us in the right direction as to what neighborhoods/developments we should look at.

Cathy

Post subject: Re: Property in MB area
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Cathy!

Wally is a realtor, but he only works in our community… The Market Common. The prices for new homes here average around $300,000. We are around 10 minutes from the beach (2 miles as the crow flies.) Our closest entrance to the beach is through Myrtle Beach State Park. The community of Seagate Village (directly across the street from the State Park) price range is around $100,000 to $200,000. These are older homes/condos built in the 1950s but updated with new floors, appliances, etc.

But if you want to be on the beach you need to look on the ocean side of Kings Hwy. The closer to the beach, the more expensive the homes. And remember to always ask about taxes which are pretty hefty for beachfront property.

Once you establish how much you want to invest in your new home, you need to decide which beach you want to live on. This includes (from south to north) Pawleys Island, Litchfield, Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach.

Once you know what you want to spend and where you want to be, contact realtor who specializes in that particular area. If you need help, send me a PM. or an e-mail. Wally will be glad to provide you with name of someone he personally knows. He is with Chicora Caldwell Banker and they have locations all over the Grand Strand and Georgetown County.

Hope this helps. We could love to welcome you to Myrtle Beach as a resident!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject: Re: Property in MB area
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:34 am 

Thanks Patrish,

We'll check out those areas while we are there. I heard the taxes near the beach we costly. Here in CT our taxes are so expensive it's crazy. For $100,000 /$200,000 won't buy much.

Cathy