Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: quieter beach areas
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:04 pm 

Hi.. I used to be on here under Cathy02, however it's been at least a year or so since I've visited this site. And with a hectic home life(daughter just finished college) and moved back home, I've once again lost all my old info. (I must be getting old) !!

Now that things have settled down, hubby and I are looking to spend a vacation with just the two of us...(no kids on this trip).

We have been coming to MB for 22 years now. Amazing how the time fly's!!! We have always tried someplace different every year. Well we wanted to try and visit other than our usual July/August time. So we are going to try September this year.
Does anyone know of a quieter part of the beach ?
We have been to the southern end of MB ( Paradise Resort) and to North Myrtle
Anyone stay more south .. Surfside/Garden City/Pawley's island?

Thanks you and glad to be back !
Cathy

Post subject: Re: quieter beach areas
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 am 

Cograts on your no kids trip! We took our first no kids trip last year and it was definitely different.

We have never stayed south of Myrtle Beach so I can't give recommendations for there. We have always stayed on the northern end around the 7200 block. It's quieter but still close driving distance to everything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Laurie's suggestion is good. The area where they stay is lovely!

Yes, there are quiet beaches in both Garden City Beach and Surfside Beach. The beaches are not as wide so it tends to get more crowded in tourist season...but not as crowded as the downtown area.

Pawleys Island beachfront would a good choice if you don't want crowds, neon or noisy attractions. I know people who go there, eat in their condo or at nearby restaurants and have never been to a show, or on the boardwalk. Yes, they told me, they know what they are missing, but they also know what they love to do most...enjoy the beautiful view from the patio and walk the beach at sunrise and sunset collecting shells and watching the locals on the beach. By "locals" they mean starfish and sand dollars.

North Myrtle Beach and on up towards Little River you can find good locations with very nice beaches and quiet areas.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:04 pm 

I cant help with the southern part, but how far north in North Myrtle did you stay? North Myrtle Beach the city starts I believe at Barefoot Landing. Or did you just stay in the northern part of Myrtle Beach? (people get these confused sometimes.)

The area starting across from Barefoot Landing is North Myrtle Beach . It consists of Windy Hill, Crescent Beach, Ocean Drive and Cherry Grove Areas. We have stayed in both the Crescent Beach and Windy Hill areas. There are numerous places to rent at the beaches are very wide even at high tide. It is not as busy either. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:14 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Qu├ębec
There is a section of Myrtle Beach, called "The Golden Mile", that does not have hotels, and is nice an quiet.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi ... olina.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:21 am 
Site Admin

Have you decided yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:52 am 

This is our 3rd year staying at Grand Atlantic (a few buildings from Paradise Resort) in Sept. and we love it .. Not crowded... we have basically had pools and hot tub to ourselves... beach isn't crowded... we love it!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:57 pm 

Patrish,
No we haven't found a place yet, although I have called several places and it seems that almost all 1 bdrms are booked. We aren't that picky.. but I'd like to find something with a pool. Doesn't have to have all the amenities as in the past when are kids were younger. Something oceanfront because one of our favorite things to do after a day on the beach is to go sit on our balcony. I called Elliot and they only said they had 1 listing left in a 1 bdrm....(something REALLY old and looked very outdated). I guess this is what happens when we try and make plans so last minute. We are actually going because it will be our wedding Anniversary.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Have you tried VRBO of HomeAway?

Congratulations on your anniversary!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:16 pm 

Luvmb:

Did you go directly through that hotel or a realty Co.?

I can't believe we can't find anything as of yet. I did find out that the "Shaggers" are still there and that's why it's still busy. I had know idea their was such a thing...

I've tried realty companies for North myrtle beach- Elliot and Thomas, but what about the southern end of MB? Are their any down that way? Around RT or Paradise? Also been searching on VRBO too. What were finding left are 1st floor units or the street side.
I would definitely not ever plan something so late again

Cathy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:18 pm 

Patrish

Thanks for the anniversary wishes... It will be our 29th year Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:50 am 

We use Old Colony Realty in Surfside Beach...local phone 1-843-238-0234 toll free phone 1-800-843-1222 They may have something...usually quite helpful...

In the past we have used Surfside Realty. I think Garden City has Garden City Realty.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:59 pm 

We have been staying at Litchfield Beach and golf resort for 3 years and we love it. Seaside Inn, Summerhouse and Bridgewater have 1Bdrms. Its a new world in Pawleys Island. Great restaurants and owner style living. Murrells Inlet is no problem. We drive up, put are name in go back and pick up the one who take(need) an hour to be ready and by that time you're number is coming up.