Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:02 pm 

I just wanted to share this awesome 4k video of your beautiful North Myrtle Beach Coast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0p9TEtMUmc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:36 pm 

That sure makes me want to rent a kayak and fish those different creeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:11 pm 

Oh yes it sure does! Hog Inlet is considered to be a myrtle beach secret! It's so quiet and peaceful in that area! I highly recommend it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:12 pm 

Here is the ocean front version =] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl99wM9T4Jo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 pm 

WOW!!!!
Loved both of them. Didn't realize how much I missed my home away from home. Can't wait til I can get back to booking CG on regular basis vs booking what ever closet space RCI has available the week I'm going...

The second video of the beach really got me thinking how I've walked every inch of that beach from Sea Mountain to the inlet. Then on second thought. At one time or another, staying in all sections, I've walked all of NMB beach. Probably walked 90% of NMB Ocean Blvd. Peddled all the Blvd and most back streets and last.....kayaked the marsh.......
Maybe it's time I found another vacation destination.....

Many years ago in Boulineau's store before the newer remodel. They had large pictures on the wall over where the cafeteria is today. Pictures of CG before it was developed. The one that really sticks in my mind was an aerial view from inlet south. "Ocean Blvd" was little more than a dirt road with maybe a dozen houses scattered about. Several fishing boats beached at low tide. Nothing like today......

In the first video. Towards the end. From above the inlet shooting south. Late sixties. There was a pier a little closer to the inlet than the one in the video. From pier to inlet there wasn't anything on ocean front. Row of maybe 5-6 houses over on second row side of street.
The channel houses weren't there. The land wasn't there. That was all marsh.
Our family. Aunt's uncles and cousins rented the last house at the inlet. It sat where that row of condos curve back around the end.
The inlet at that time was right at foot of bank from that house. I don't have any idea how many tide cycles have happened over the last 40-45 years but Mom Nature has moved a lot of sand to get the inlet a couple hundred yards up the beach.......

Stripes.
If you're serious about kayaking the marsh research J&L Kayak Tours out of Little River. Several tour packages. Sunset romantic, fishing and one includes ATV rides up on Waite's Island.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:03 pm 

WOW Great Story about NMB. I'm glad you enjoyed the video! Thanks for the great information above! Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:09 am 

pop2748 wrote:

Stripes.
If you're serious about kayaking the marsh research J&L Kayak Tours out of Little River. Several tour packages. Sunset romantic, fishing and one includes ATV rides up on Waite's Island.

I did come across that business yesterday when poking around to see what was offered in MB. I think my kayaking options are down to three businesses currently if I can talk my father in law or someone into going with me. J&L is in the list. Only downside is that we stay at Pirateland so they will end up the furthest distance away but not an issue. Crazy Sisters offers rental kayaks that I believe allow you to fish, I am just not sure what area they limit you to use them for fishing. No guide service for kayak fishing so it is cheaper but you are going to have to figure out the bite on your own. I also saw Backcountry outfitters with what seems to be good reviews and a wide area of options for guide fishing from kayaks for fresh or saltwater options.