Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:06 am 

Oscars- good sports bar with great food.Its a Steelers bar (uggh),so if you can stomach that,give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:14 am 

Sun, surf and sand!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 am 

DJ at Sea Watch on Tuesday and Thursday - two of my favorite days!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:20 am 

Hammock Shop in Pauleys Island (?) Its alot of fun to have the guy there show and explain, how they are made.The whole area of shops is like a little village set amongst the trees.Its very relaxing to just stroll in and out of the shops,or have a ite to eat.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:40 am 

Well try this again.. it deleted on me...

I take it my letter is D... hard one until I was thinking about getting ready and one of the most exciting things is the Drive Down...

There is just something comforting about "yes" getting in the car at 4 am and leaving the beautiful mountains of KY, getting to VA and always waiting for daughter and her crew to meet up, the breakfast in TN which has been not so good the last 3 yrs (ihop we froze and had to go to car to get sweatshirts in order to eat lol, McD's and just awful and a different McD's last year equally awful) .. getting into NC and dreading the drive through Asheville but laughing about it, Finally seeing a SC sign and a sigh of aahh even though we still have a way to go (as we do coming back and seeing the mountains) Our usual stop at Abbotts for peaches and peach butter (PB and peach butter sandwiches for my lunches lol) Next stop Columbia.. where we will be in a line of traffic of KY fans because they play SC on that Saturday.. Usually through Columbia we have no problems.. then when we hit 501 is where we wonder when we'll meet the traffic.. year before we took 501 then 544 and made it straight through.. last year we thought no problem and took 501 all the way and couldn't believe we were in traffic forever.. we've already decided to hit 544 again .. But back to 501 and the billboard sign reading begins... excitment!!!
Beach is just ahead.. the first glimpse and the smell aaahhh .. ok .. sorry this has been a quick trip .. I'm so ready to leave but house repairs first .. may get a mini trip in somewhere before Sept. ..

Carol

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:12 am 

Carol, we also dread the Asheville portion of the drive. We usually start hitting the bad portion around 5:30 a.m. on a Saturday and it still seems like you are sharing the road with a whole lot of trucks on that stretch. Even though its still not a perfect road, once I hit I-26 it is a big relief. I love the drive down and consider it part of the experience.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:27 pm 

MBKY... The only time that hubby would consider letting me drive I was following our son-in-law and he started off the wrong exit and I was behind him and he (dummy) swerved back and I couldn't .. luckily it followed along and we got back together.. There's just something about Asheville LOLOL

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:48 pm 

luvmb wrote:
MBKY... The only time that hubby would consider letting me drive I was following our son-in-law and he started off the wrong exit and I was behind him and he (dummy) swerved back and I couldn't .. luckily it followed along and we got back together.. There's just something about Asheville LOLOL

I travel on I-75 a lot and get spoiled with the long straight stretches of it. Just hit the cruise control and go. I-40 near Asheville has no business being labeled an interstate. Some nasty curves that don't match anything on the interstates we normally drive. I guess they have to work with what they have.