Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 pm 

Well,I havent been on in awhile because we didnt make it to the beach last year,for the first time since 1993,and I was depressed. Between Jordan graduating high school,starting college,and uncertainty with my job,we decided to hold off on the trip.
The bad news is,that after 17 yrs at my company,I will be laid off in June. Im appreciative,as it was SUPPOSED to happen in January.
The good news is,we have said "the Hell with it", and are returning to Myrtle Beach this summer. I have also decided to take the summer off to work on projects around the house,and spend time with Jordan.
We have just booked our stay at Sea Watch for July 11-18. We would like to stay an extra day or two,without lugging all of our things from one hotel to another,but have learned that the rule of thumb,is 3 day minimum stays,at that time of the year.Hopefully that eases as we get closer.
Can anybody tell me if there a big difference between these dates,and mid to late August ? This is the timeframe that we normally go.Looking to see if theres a big difference in crowds,prices,weather etc.
I pologize for blowing off my duties as a message board family member.But I'm back,and I look forward to many beach discussions,in the season to come.
Thanks in advance for the replys...
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 pm 

Hi Ron! Glad to see you back...sometimes we all just have to say we NEED that beach trip for our mental well being,,,even though circumstances may not be what we want.

We have vacationed in June, July, August , and September...between July and August I have not noticed much difference in crowds or prices...I imagine the 4th of July week might be pretty busy! Lots of people on the beaches, shopping and eating out. In August we have seen lots of sales in the stores...some worthwhile..some not...I like the weather the first week in August...normally really hot and sunny...but this past year we did start out with 3 solid days of pouring rain...but it was the first trip of any time for us to have significant rain...

We were able to take an October trip last fall...again hitting lots of rain the first 2 days...but as far as crowds...it was our most enjoyable vacation...so I think you should be good with your July trip...you will be after the crowds for the 4th...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

Ron, welcome back to your home away from home! You can't stay away too long! :clown:

It is hotter in August than it is in July, but it's all relative. Hot is hot. (And I would like to see some of it right now!) You will miss the July 4th traffic, and I think you will have a wonderful vacation.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:33 am 

RON!! So glad to hear you're doing well! Missed you!

July or August; it's summer at the beach! I think it actually rains a bit less in July compared to Aug. As I have done both! Crowds are there but just plan to eat a bit earlier and you should be fine! Just relax and enjoy...you're at the beach :sunny: !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 am 

Ron, welcome home! I am happy that you can make your beach trip happen this year. :sunny:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:35 am 

Welcome back Ron. You can deal with just about anything as long as you have something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:15 pm 

ohiojo wrote:
but this past year we did start out with 3 solid days of pouring rain...but it was the first trip of any time for us to have significant rain...

We were able to take an October trip last fall...again hitting lots of rain the first 2 days....

I think everyone that went to MB last year got rained on :sad: . Hoping for more sunshine for the 2015 trips.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 am 

Two years ago we had about 3 days of rain out of 10.We usually dont get 3 days of rain in a 3 year span.

I cant wait to get back to paradise.Just the little things like the smell of the ocean,a Pelicans game,walking on the beach at night,with a beer....or several.Its 4 months away and I already feel like a kid again. Jordan and I were watching tv together,and we couldnt help talking about what we are looking forward to.God,you miss 1 year and it feels like youve been away a lifetime.The allure of Myrtle Beach is amazing.

Thank you all for the welcome backs. Ive missed you all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote Ron:
....Ive missed you all.

Try working on "y'all" before you get here. :clown:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:29 pm 

Will do,Patrish lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:08 pm 

RonPxRonp wrote:
Two years ago we had about 3 days of rain out of 10.We usually dont get 3 days of rain in a 3 year span.

I cant wait to get back to paradise.Just the little things like the smell of the ocean,a Pelicans game,walking on the beach at night,with a beer....or several.Its 4 months away and I already feel like a kid again. Jordan and I were watching tv together,and we couldnt help talking about what we are looking forward to.God,you miss 1 year and it feels like youve been away a lifetime.The allure of Myrtle Beach is amazing.

Thank you all for the welcome backs. Ive missed you all.

I've been quite a few places over the years, but nothing compares to the excitement of the MB trip. It will be worth a little hardship to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Ron, if you go to MB the last week of August, we can have a beer or two, and then wrestle in front of a web cam :toofless: :ac17[1]: ! It would be really great to finally get to meet you!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:11 am 

I've been quite a few places over the years, but nothing compares to the excitement of the MB trip. It will be worth a little hardship to make it work.

You are so right.I'll take rain in Myrtle Beach over sun in upstate New York,anyday.

Ron,sounds great to me.And its funny that you mention wrestling,I actually have 2 matches this weekend.But Wrestlemania is this weekend,and one of my best friends is now one of the top guys for WWE.Theres alot of excitement around the house this week.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 am 
Site Admin

:ninja: Ron, be safe and kick butt :cool: this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:11 pm 

Ronpx, we will be there the same week as Pillsbury Ninja. I ve been to the beach June July Aug Sept, Id say July is busiest, especially the 4th of July.

I'm going to the beach for sure too, even tho I have money going out faster than coming in this year with ALOT of unexpected things. I was going to say the heck with the beach too, and I thought I'm getting old and could be dead tomorrow so I'm going.