Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:05 am 

I'm blanking, I'm not even sure if Kryptonite is still there. I remember when BATB first opened there were 3 new big places..the hard rock, planet hollywood, and... If someone can help me out that'd be awesome lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:16 am 

All-Star Cafe?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:18 am 
Site Admin

I think it is still there:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kryptonite/332918593319

I googled the address to see what would come up:
1002 29th Ave North
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

What came up was Mykonos, a restaurant which looks to be closed and up for sale.

But that doesn't seem right. I thought Kyptonite was either on Hwy. 17 or Ocean Blvd.

So now I'm confused too. :dontknow:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:24 am 
Site Admin

I was thinking that Legends in Concert moved into the All Star Cafe building (?)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 am 

I'm thinking it was the All Star Cafe. Thanks! I don't know why but for whatever reason I was just thinking about it today at work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Mykonos was in the old Bullwinkle's restaurant I think! All star Café was the original tenant, now it is the Legends! Not sure what happened to Kryptonite?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 pm 

Who knows, I remember when that area really started booming w/ planet hollywood, all star, hardrock, nascar cafe/speed park, and that large restaurant to the right of the cafe..I think it used to be a Texas Roadhouse. Well 15+ years later and Planet Hollywood and the Hard Rock are the only original ones standing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:11 pm 

While at Goodwill the other day I got my grandson a mother fletchers tshirt in perfect condition .. My daughter is so mad because she can't wear it. I told her and you think I would be giving it to him if you could wear it .. I wanted it LOL... July made 35 years ago that I made my first trip to MB with my husbands (bf at the time) family .. I stayed in the hotel with his parents and he and his brothers were across the street... lolol .. He was old enough to go in to mother fletchers and get tshirts but I wasn't at the time.. My daughter wore mine out.. This Sunday is our 35th wedding anniversary!!! This was random LOLOL .. Just got to thinking about it when budwash asked what Club Kyptonite used to be ..

Sorry budwash for crashing the topic but didn't want to start a new one.. and how ofter are you going to find a mother fletchers tshirt .. in KY .. and in perfect condition?? !!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

We all get off topic from time to time....and I'm just as guilty as anyone else. Congratulations on your anniversary coming up Sunday. Hope you have a wonderful day! Loved the story of the t-shirt. Made me smile!

The restaurant that was Phillips (and is now empty) used to be the Alabama Grill. The had photos of country western singers on the walls, and that's about all I remember.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:07 pm 

This is how I remember it

All Star Cafe = Club Kryptonite = Legends In Concert

I can remember Club Kryptonite being in this location. It was all lit up green at night.

We were at the Legends In Concert last fall so I am certain it is there now. I read online that Club Kryptonite is currently at The Afterdeck. Where ever that might be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:21 pm 

Wasn't the original Club Kyptonite on Business 17? I recall in my younger days going to Studebakers, Club Kyptonite, and Mother Fletchers. It may have been something different, but I remember a third club outside of Studebakers and Mother Fletchers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:17 pm 

Club kryptonite was a dreadful place. Isn't the afterdeck on restaurant row?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm 

The Afterdeck is on resturant row beside and behind the original Thee Doll House it looked completely abandoned this July.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm 

Club Kryptonite was somewhere before it moved to the All Star Grill location I am thinking across the street from Studebakers and Xanadu in a place that may have been an old theater and then another club in the early 90s.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:15 pm 

OK, Deanna has a good memory, here's the scoop:

Next to Planet Hollywood was All Star Cafe (ugly mustard color building)
It became Club Kryptonite which closed and opened a year and a half or so later on 29th where Bullwinkle's had been. The brothers (owners) changed the Club Krp name to Mykino's they wanted a restaurant yet still wanted a party place. Legends in Concert is now in this building next to Planet Hollywood.

Somebody was going to reopen here on 29th and then that fell thru if I remember correctly.

Alabama Grill was the original name of the place where Phillips shut down last year (as Patrish said) and this is still empty, it was backed by the boys from Alabama, the Group.

The AfterDeck was on restaurant row and it was next to Dominicks a very fine Italian restaurant, where the waiters wore white ruffle shirts, and black vests, yes black tie. I bartended there part time back in the day, that was a wild place. Both are gone now, they throw private parties out back and spring break parties the restaurant is the girly joint, someone said the name.

The old club across from Studebaker's in the old theater would have been Yesterday's.

Gary