Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Packing list?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:15 pm 

Peanut, that is a GREAT idea!!!!!!! I think I'm going to try that with the bags. I don't pack clothes for all of the days. I'll probably only pack 4 outfits per kid, then do a load of wash while we're there.

I do have a bag for each kid. I'm a bag addict.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle? O-HI-O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:38 am 

OMG I too have a bag addiction and a envelope addiction . I have a envelope for gas, room for overnight stay on the way down,for eating out,grocery store and a envelope for general spending money. ok i'm going now to look in to a 12 step program for my addiction. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:44 am 

Muffy...I, too, have/use the envelopes to budget our vacation ...we save all year...I keep receipts for the past year's trip to plan how much money we need for each day...

We have packed with the zip lock bags, too...great for the kids!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:49 am 

I not only pack by a list but keep a box labeled 'Beach' with all the basics in it.
I keep clothespins, hand soap, dish detergent and a sample pack of laundry detergent for emergencies in the box. We also have directions to the beach and other places in there. Makes it easier to have all this is one place from year to year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 pm 

I don't have a physical packing list, but quite the extensive mental one. I do however have a "to do" list before we depart for our trip, which I make just because I enjoy crossing stuff off of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 pm 

No list. My wife packs the day before. When I get home, I sneak in the bedroom and take everything out of the 6 suitcases, refold everything, repack it into 3 suitcases, put 3 empty suitcases into the closet, and run them out to the car before she sees I repacked, lol.

If I left her alone, I would need a car topper and a trailer. Repacking, most of it fits under the floor of our Rav4 and there's barely anything in the cargo area.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:56 am 

My surface is being stupid and not letting me pull up my packing list.. I have random spots throughout the house that I am adding things to in my collection of Thirty-One bags.. (handsoap, wipes, dishwasher soap, dawn, laundry det.... a bag at the door for shoes.. trying to narrow that one down.. etc..) beach chairs are already bagged.. just have to put the new trunk mat in and the cover it up before I load them up LOLOL.. we got our new car last year before we left for MB.. I seldom drive it and it only has 2961 (that is correct) miles on it .. so towels under mats, sheets on seats LOLOL.. we are protective LOL... BUT now to fight with my surface for a while and try to retrieve my list, while I wait on directv to come fix this little box... fun time just waiting...