Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:38 am 

MBKY.. I feel the same way.. The excitment of packing the car.. putting the needed items in certain handy places in the car. Making sure the house is secure and setting out the dogs food for the sitter to take care of him.. Setting the tomtom to our destination and it telling us to go the long way out of town.. when our way is quicker to getting on 23 lol I may start my preparation list today lol..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:42 am 

I'd have to say the ride down..as you're getting closer. When I think about how long it takes coming from NEPA I hate the ride, but I know I will forever actually enjoy it at the same time. Wakin up the first day there, packing a cooler and drinking by the pool roasting in the sun is always a favorite of mine. Eating at the usual favorite restaurants is a plus too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 am 

We are one month and 6 days til we leave... Grandkids went back to school today and this officially starts my list of preparation.

Another favorite part is just the welcome to (each state) signs LOL.. And the air.. yes I said air... as you get closer to MB the air has the ocean smell and feel .. does that make sense?? LOL.. The visitor centers ... I don't think we have ever stopped a one because we are to excited LOL.. May be something we need to do!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:13 am 
Site Admin

The first fifteen minutes of the ride down is so exciting, and then the realization that there is 16-18 hours left to go :smash[1]: sets in ! My favorite part though, is pulling on to highway 17 :drinkin: !! Laissez le bon temps roulez :rastanana:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:05 pm 

I love when we are coming in on Highway 20. It seems like you are no place special then all of a sudden you see the tops of the condos up ahead. Hard to believe nothing then over the rise Highway 17 and the Tanger Mall.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:37 pm 

I also like getting out of the car for the first time and you can feel that southern heat. I hope I still get that feeling in September, but I think we had about 10 nice days so far up here in Frackville PA.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 pm 

budwash435 wrote:
I also like getting out of the car for the first time and you can feel that southern heat.

It's a different feeling than getting out of the car on a hot day at home. Not so much the heat that makes it great as much as it is that I'm finally here. I just wish the dang week would slow down a little and let me get everything I want to do in.