Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Late march weather
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:36 am 

I have 2 weeks off in march and my mother might want to drive down to mb. Fund a nice groupon at the north beach plantation. How is the weather typically in the last 2 weeks of march? Is it still cold? I don't want to be freezing. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Late march weather
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:19 am 

Late March can be a box of chocolates as far as weather goes in Myrtle Beach. It can be 80 and gorgeous or it can be 50 and miserable. And it's possible it can change from one day to the next: 80 on Monday and 50 on Tuesday. So it's really a gamble from early February until about the middle of April. From what I've researched, your average high that time of year is 70 and the low is the mid 40's. Of course, it's Myrtle Beach so the sunshine should be abundant because remember, 2/3 of the year is sunny! The nice thing is that if you do get a good warm, sunny day, you can easily take advantage of the higher UV index in the south.

Looking into last year's weather I can see that the average high was 60 and the low was in the upper 30's and only 4 days of 14 had rain. 2012 was much warmer but had many more days of rain as well. 2011 had a couple of days reach almost 90 only to have it be a high of 45 just 4 days later.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:45 am 

Hmm. Thanks for your reply. I myself would much rather just go down to Florida but I don't think she will go that far.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm 

Florida would be a safer bet. With what I am reading the early March forecasts at least for Kentucky looks to be cold. MB will be warmer, but usually if we are below average, MB will be also. Mid-March is still a few weeks away and I would at least get to 14 days out before I booked anything. Should get a better indication of what the weather will be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:42 pm 

As the other mentioned, the weather can be hit and miss this time of year. It should be more likely of a 'hit' than a 'miss', but you never know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:54 pm 

I'd bet march is hit or miss. I went one year in May and it was AWFUL. It was freezing. We had to wear long sleeves on the beach and the wind was blowing so hard it was sandblasting us! The whole week! It could have been a fluke, but i'd bet march is even more unpredictable!

good luck!!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 pm 

I have spent March in Myrtle Beach for several years. It is up and down weather wise. Can be cold and can be hot sometimes changing drastically from one day to the next day. We are here for the month so we get lots of nice days but if you come for a week there is no guarantee. Having said that with the weather there is never a guarantee any time of the year and March is a great time to be here. Specials at many restaurants and no wait time. Lots of activities going on and let's face it you're at the beach. All good.