Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 pm 

I know, it's a silly question, and I know these stores are basically all the same, and I know they claim bargain basement prices and don't quite deliver, but since they are literally on every block of highway 17, I thought I'd ask, if you actually do occasionally go to a beach shop, which one? Whales, waves, wings, bargain beachwear, pacific, Ron Jon, eagles, and a few more I can't remember.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:29 pm 

I prefer Eagles mostly, and if I can't find what I'm looking for we'll try Whales. I'm usually on the search for a new shirt for the gym and Eagles has the best selection of iron ons for the plus size chicks :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 pm 

Unless we have grandkids with us we seldom shop at any of the "every street corner" stores. When we do it really doesn't matter which one. Whichever one is handy. Purchases are usually small trinkets, flip flops and cheap sunglasses.
Small shop on corner of Sea Mountain called Barnacle. Not as big of a selection as the larger stores but sometimes find NMB shirts there not found at the other stores.
Souvenir T-shirts we (I) will hit Ron Jons, Margaritaville or something from attraction or restaurant. The more off the wall the better. People back home will ask where it's at or will tell you they eat there every trip....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 pm 

When we visit the beach we almost always go to one of those stores. It really doesnt matter which one. We browse through the t-shirts and other treasures, but we rarely ever buy anything. I guess visiting a beach store has just become part of going to the beach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:29 am 

Oh we hit at least a half dozen of these every year with the kid. It doesn't matter which one as long as they have the toy gun he's looking for. You know, the $.25 piece of garbage that they sell for $10. It's his money so whatever.

When I was his age, I was lucky if I had $10. He goes to the beach every year with $100 and he's 8 years old! Grandma spoils him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:18 pm 

First and foremost, the Gay Dolphin! Never a complete visit to the beach without a trip to the Gay Dolphin.

Wings, Eagles, Pacific and Bargain Beachwear all seem about the same to me. However, we noticed that the best coupons we could find were for Bargain Beachwear. The girls shopped all week, and when we finally let them get their souvenirs on the last night, they went to Bargain Beachwear.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:17 am 

Eagles or Wings or Pacific... when leaving the beach to go home we always stop at Sparky's

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:45 pm 

Our family staples:

Collectible Gift Store - Nostalgia City & Museum, 1907 S. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, 843-444-0058
Collectible Gift Store - Nostalgia City & Museum, 1301 Hwy. 17 South, Surfside Beach, 843-650-2432

Wings / Eagles @ Kings Hwy & 10th Ave S area
Wings / Eagles @ Kings Hwy & 36th Ave N area & those just N of there

I have found these locations to be cleaner & employ staff who have a watchful eye, care about serving the customer and strive to ensure items are hanging or on the shelves.