Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm 

Cathy02 wrote:
I
There's a huge grocery store in NMB called "Boulinea's and for a grocery store they have really good cakes.
Cathy

I couldn't agree more! They have REALLY yummy baked goods!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 am 
Site Admin

Update on Southern Cupcake Co.

I have been keeping my eye on this coupon as the deadline changes almost every day. Today is showing the deadline of 7/30/2013, so if you're interested, it is still running, still active, and someone has been extending the date.
http://northmyrtlebeach.wmbfnews.com/bu ... ke-company

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 pm 

Just to update about store bought versus from scratch, my girlfriends mothers' birthday is Friday and we are going out for dinner then back to mom's for cake, being that she lives in Longs I called Borleanu's about a cake, they are bought and shipped in frozen, then they finish them in the oven and decorate and she said all their baked goods are like this.

I'm always late so Darlene does not want me to pick up a cake around my end of the beach, she is checking out the bakery on Hwy 9.

Will not get a cake again from Cruesants like last year, if I remember it was $45 or so and just a regular cake, nothing special.

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 pm 

gary2beach wrote:
Just to update about store bought versus from scratch, my girlfriends mothers' birthday is Friday and we are going out for dinner then back to mom's for cake, being that she lives in Longs I called Borleanu's about a cake, they are bought and shipped in frozen, then they finish them in the oven and decorate and she said all their baked goods are like this.

Gary

Well, I don't know how they do it BUT their donuts/cakes are some of THE BEST I have ever tasted!

The bakery on 9 is Cakes by the Sea I believe. http://www.cakesbythesea.com/

If you get from there Gary let me know how they are.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 am 

That's where it is coming from, cash or check only, cake costs $32 for whipped frosting, I know this is more than a store bought but it is fresh and real ingredients, eggs, flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, milk, salt, real vanilla extract and that's about it.

Unlike the store one which also include High Fructose Corn Syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, invert sugar, propylene glycol mono and diesters, food starch - modified, dextrose, mono and diglycerides, soy lecithen, polysorbate 60, sodium propionate (as preservative), xanthum gum, sodium stearoyl lactylate, guar gum, cellulose gum, artificial flavor, corn starch propylene glycol, vegetable oil, mono and diglycerides, corn starch, natural and artificial flavor, salt guar gum, polysorbate 60, artificial color, vegetable shortening, wheat starch, mono diglycerides, artificial flavor, polysorbate 60 and a host of other things :)

I'll try to remember to take a picture Em

Stay well

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am 

gary2beach wrote:

Unlike the store one which also include High Fructose Corn Syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, invert sugar, propylene glycol mono and diesters, food starch - modified, dextrose, mono and diglycerides, soy lecithen, polysorbate 60, sodium propionate (as preservative), xanthum gum, sodium stearoyl lactylate, guar gum, cellulose gum, artificial flavor, corn starch propylene glycol, vegetable oil, mono and diglycerides, corn starch, natural and artificial flavor, salt guar gum, polysorbate 60, artificial color, vegetable shortening, wheat starch, mono diglycerides, artificial flavor, polysorbate 60 and a host of other things :)

Gary

And now we know...LOL :wink: