Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:15 pm 

missingthebeach wrote:
Quote:
...Keep us posted Mike!

I sure will. The best thing to do is keep up with the various Myrtle Manor Facebook pages. I very actively post a lot (and share from the other pages) on my own page (linked below) in order to keep our viewing friends as informed and amused as possible:

https://www.facebook.com/MyrtleManorMike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 pm 

I just got back from vacation and of course I had to find myrtle manor while I was down there. On Thursday July 3rd it was raining from Hurricane Arthur so we decided to drive and find it. we actually drove past it cause I was looking for the big sign by the road....we drove through but didnt get to stop because my husband felt weird about being there...lol No cast members were out but it was neat to see.

side note- I seen Taylor in his cadillac at the red light by ripleys believe it or not and you would have thought I had just seen someone super famous lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 pm 

aangel wrote:
I just got back from vacation and of course I had to find myrtle manor while I was down there. On Thursday July 3rd it was raining from Hurricane Arthur so we decided to drive and find it. we actually drove past it cause I was looking for the big sign by the road....we drove through but didnt get to stop because my husband felt weird about being there...lol No cast members were out but it was neat to see...

July 3rd? Hmmm, let's see - depending on the time of day: Roy and Gina were inside Tangulls Salon, Miss Peggy was in there for a while too. Amanda was at Tangulls earlier in the day, then went to the Merchandise Trailer for a while. Marvin was sleeping most of the day (worked all night) and I don't remember what Anne was doing. Bandit was running all over the place trying to catch up on a few projects he's working on. Brock was working at Ocean Annie's. Kim was working. Stephania was (I believe) resting up from some traveling. Various members of the Patrick family (Cecil, Becky, Alyson, Jeana With a J, etc) were back and forth between the Merchandise Trailer, office, and elsewhere taking care of regular business.

Basically, if you visit again, stop by the Merchandise Trailer and Tangulls Salon. There are usually cast members there - and they and/or others can usually tell you the status of the rest of the cast...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 pm 

Mike,

Can you give some directions. I have a family member that is dying to visit. So if we were at BATB how would we get there?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 pm 

Deanna, Take Robert Grissom PKWY (It's the road behind BATB) south toward the airport. Right before you get to the backside of Coastal Grand Mall, take a left at the red light to Pine Island Road, Go to the end of Pine Island and take a right on HWY 15. Myrtle Manor is only a short distance from there on the right side of the road of HWY 15. When you see 17 Ave. S on the left side of the road you need to start looking on the right for the sign. It's not far at all from that point. I don't think it's actually going to say Myrtle Manor, I think it has the owner's last name on the sign.

I had been within 1/4 of a mile of Myrtle Manor five or six times a trip for the last four or five years and didn't even know it. It's really close to a shortcut we take to BATB every year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:09 am 

Deanna wrote:
Mike,

Can you give some directions. I have a family member that is dying to visit. So if we were at BATB how would we get there?

Here is probably the shortest and simplest route from Broadway at the Beach:

1. Get on Robert Grissom Parkway (the parkway on the East/ocean side of BATB) by turning right (heading southbound) out of BATB.

2. Continue southbound on Robert Grissom Parkway past the 21st Street, 10th Street (also named “Mr Joe White Avenue”), and Rt 501 intersections’ signal lights.

3. After the Rt 501 intersection signal light, make sure you’re in the left lane.

4. Turn LEFT at the next signal light - Pine Island Road - which is about ½ mile past Rt 501.

5. Continue Eastbound on Pine Island Road approx. ¾ mile until it ends at another signal light (Highway 15 intersection).

6. Turn RIGHT onto Highway 15, continue Southbound. Myrtle Manor will be approx. 1/3 mile on the RIGHT, just past the 17th Avenue South intersection.

The entrance to Myrtle Manor has a large blue and white sign that says “Patrick’s Mobile Home Park” and a smaller blue and white sign that says “Myrtle Manor” hanging under it. Here’s a web page that has the specific address, a map, and phone number if more guidance is needed:

http://myrtlemanor.com/trailer-information/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 am 

Looks like MBKY was posting similar while I was composing my response to post. Regardless, here's a pic I took of the Myrtle Manor entrance and sign that I took about a week ago while pulling in on the golf cart:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:49 am 

Mike I'm sure your directions are a little better being a local and all. Lol. I was close on them. I knew Deanna was currently in MB and may have needed the location quick. Didn't mean to steal your answer. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:12 am 

MBKY wrote:
Mike I'm sure your directions are a little better being a local and all. Lol. I was close on them. I knew Deanna was currently in MB and may have needed the location quick. Didn't mean to steal your answer. Lol

Oh, no problem - plus you probably didn't know I was on the site at the time and responding. Some folks may look at both responses and ask themselves "Why did Mike post that after it was already answered?" - while not looking at the times of each post and not realizing yours wasn't there yet when I started composing mine. I've actually had people ask me that a few times on Facebook, and I replied "Did you notice the time when each was posted?" (usually within minutes of each other). Of course, their answer was "No"... :dontknow: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:25 pm 

Looks like season 3 is a go!!! :nanner:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/0 ... 9%2F&ihp=1

Maybe we can catch some filming when we go down in September.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm 

YAY!!! They really should air new epis in the summer, too -- there isn't anything good on tv, just re=runs! lol :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 pm 
Forum Support

:cheerleader: This is just awesome news! :cheerleader:

You out celebrating MikeL? :drinkin:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 pm 

missingthebeach wrote:
:cheerleader: This is just awesome news! :cheerleader:

You out celebrating MikeL? :drinkin:

We've been celebrating for a week! When Cecil said (in the linked article) we knew "Wednesday morning", that was referring to LAST Wednesday. However, we were obligated to not release anything until the media announcements. Our viewing friends who've visited and were informed -in addition to all our social media viewing friends - are absolutely ecstatic.

Plus, if you haven't already heard, cast members Chelsey and Jared welcomed the newest resident to this world overnight - named Bellamy Roe Stetson. I've unofficially declared her "Myrtle Manor Baby Bella":

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:31 pm 

Raining yesterday needed a haircut.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 pm 

myrtle beachcomber wrote:
...Raining yesterday needed a haircut.

Cool - Gina just cut my hair at Tangulls the day before (on Friday)...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next