Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:07 pm 

Okay so total TV Junkie here big a serious question... Can you take pictures at the Myrtle Manor sign? Does anyone know? Also where is it located?

Thx.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:30 pm 

Yep, you sure can! I went in May and had a fun time! The address is: 2000 Highway 15 Myrtle Beach, SC 29577. We turned down Ave 17 South and took it to Hwy 15, then turn left at the stop sign and it's just down a little bit on your right. You can drive right in and up front they have their merchandise trailer set up. We got to take a picture there with Miss Becky - she was real nice! Then you can drive down into the park and you'll go by Miss Anne's trailer and Taylor's across the road, then the Weiner girls and Jared are on the right and Tangulls is on the left. There is a parking lot at the pool you can stop and take pictures. We saw Chelsea, Amanda, Jared and Taylor there, too - but there didn't bother them. I know they say you can just go up and they'll take pictures with you and such, but it just seemed too intrusive - that's their home, it was weird enough just driving in! lol

I think they are starting taping season 2 now or soon, so that part is going to be blocked off from driving thru, but you can still get down there I believe.

MikeL has more scoop -- I don't think he's come clean on everything he does/knows there yet.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 pm 

Yep on what micountrygal posted.

Taping for Season 2 starts this Thursday (the day after tomorrow), and the producers are still working on maximizing taping versus access to each part of the park for visiting hours.

Most likely, access may be limited depending on where taping is being done at certain times - plus some themed taping is done off-site. The biggest concern appears to be access to the Merchandise Trailer just inside the park, as the trailer across from it is used as the "Production Trailer" where cast members' voice-overs, other comments and interviews are filmed and recorded.

You may visit in the next few months only to find restricted or no access to all, some, or just the back part of the park (where the large Myrtle Manor sign, pool, cast's homes, and Tangulls are). However, it may be just temporary and you may be able to return soon after without a problem.

Some general information:

-Posted visiting hours for the park are 9AM-7PM daily.

-Tangulls is usually open weekdays at least 10AM-2PM, often longer. They also have Tangulls-specific merchandise that is very popular, especially their t-shirts/tank tops and logo shot glasses and canning jars. Even if Gina and Roy aren't there, an attending staff person will help you in any way possible.

- You can schedule an appointment to have your hair done at Tangulls by phoning (843) 808-9076. As of today, however, Gina told me she and Roy are booked up to mid-to-late July - but sometimes a no-show or last-minute cancellation creates a short-notice or immediate opening.

-Who you see from the cast constantly varies. They are indeed very approachable, sociable, and often will greet you to talk, pose, sign things, etc. At the same time, it is their home and neighborhood - and common courtesy to that are also expected. There are signs posted that remind folks not to knock on doors, etc.

- The folks you'll usually easily find are Cecil, Becky, and Alyson; they're often at the merchandise trailer or in transit between there, the office, and elsewhere in the park. Gina is almost always at Tangulls when it's open. For the others, it varies - as they either also have regular (day and/or night) jobs and other obligations, or are retired.

You can also follow on Facebook - the official main pages, and individual cast member pages:

- The Official Myrtle Manor Trailer Park Fan Page http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... _Manor.jpg

- Tangulls Official Site https://www.facebook.com/TangullsSalon

- Gina and Roy (most of my activity and special event/appearances coverage is on this one) https://www.facebook.com/gina.roy.Tangulls?fref=ts

- Becky https://www.facebook.com/becky.robertson.18041?fref=ts

- Cecil https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 33&fref=ts

- You can look up the others on Facebook by "Myrtle Manor (their first name)" or just their full name.

To answer your other questions:

- YES as far as taking pictures of/with the Myrtle Manor sign. It's by far the most photographed thing. You can climb onto the elevated deck behind the pool and have your picture taken in front of the sign (which most folks do). If everyone wants in the pic, it's not hard to get someone to do it for you (though they're often cautious about the famous scene from "National Lampoon's European Vacation") and I often offer and will take pics for those folks when I'm there.

General photography restrictions are: please don't include clients who are getting their hair done while taking pics in Tangulls, respect cast members'/residents' privacy within their homes, and follow any posted signs when episode filming is taking place.

- As far as where it is and how to get there, here's the link to a site providing a good map - I can also give you specific directions from a given starting point if needed: http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... _Manor.jpg

If you have further questions, I'll answer what I can.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 am 

Just to add to Mike's extensive info, they have had 200-300 people a day stop by

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 am 

gary2beach wrote:
Just to add to Mike's extensive info, they have had 200-300 people a day stop by

Gary

At least. The first thing I always ask Gina when I get there, and that I'll be asking her again in about an hour or so, is: "Been busy so far today?"

Her answer is always the same thing - a responding question that's something about a bear in the woods... :bootyshake:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 pm 

Eeek! I am so excited. I won't bother the residents at all we just want to see the place and that it really exists! We love the show up here in Canada :nanner:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:35 am 

UPDATE: We started filming for Season 2 this past Saturday (delayed from the original target day of Thursday, in order to allow some additional site preparation). The weather has also caused some delays in filming at times.

The park itself, especially the merchandise trailer and usually the rest of the park except the very back, is almost always accessible during posted visitors' hours (9AM-7PM).

There may be rare times when a short scene is being shot around the office (front of the park), and someone will be posted at the main highway entrance to prevent entry - but that would probably only be very temporary and you'd likely be able to drive back by soon after to gain access.

During filming at the back of the park, there are contracted security personnel posted usually a block shy of the filming area. Folks can still walk to that point and catch some limited glimpses of the activity. They also occasionally see cast and crew enter and exit the checkpoint in vehicles or golf carts.

Cast members who are not actively filming at a given time - usually Cecil, Becky, and Alyson - are often at the merchandise trailer to chat, give autographs, pose for pics, etc.

We will also be filming off-site occasionally (including some this week), so you never know WHERE you may run into this ensemble of quirky yet entertaining folks!...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:39 pm 

Any ideas where they're filming off set? I've got some friends down there this week that have been watching to see if they're around the boardwalk or MInlet :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:49 pm 

micountrygal wrote:
Any ideas where they're filming off set? I've got some friends down there this week that have been watching to see if they're around the boardwalk or MInlet :mrgreen:

Sorry, I wish I could but can't reveal it for obvious reasons...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 pm 

We are going to try to get there tomorrow. Can't wait!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 pm 

Right before we left the beach we decided to drive through myrtle manor. I really didn't know where hwy 15 was exactly, but remember a lot of mobile home parks where we used to cut across to Robert Griffin pky. Sure enough, we took that route and hwy 15 was the section that cut over to Pine Island Road near coastal mall. The wife recognized the owners last name by the sign leading into the park. The sign that you will recognize from the show is located in the back of the park. Lots of people walking around taking photos when we drove through. You can get a good picture of the sign without leaving the car.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 am 

MBKY wrote:
...The sign that you will recognize from the show is located in the back of the park. Lots of people walking around taking photos when we drove through. You can get a good picture of the sign without leaving the car.

However, that may be a bit different most of the time now that filming for Season 2 has started. See what I posted on Tuesday morning for more details...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:32 am 

Beach~Belle wrote:
We are going to try to get there tomorrow. Can't wait!!

Did you make it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 pm 

Update: After 3+ weeks of demanding activity, no filming at Myrtle Manor for a bit over a week. This would be a great time for anyone to visit if you're in the area, as many of the recent restrictions on where you can go within the park at various times won't apply.

There will also be a better chance to meet, chat, and pose with various cast members - including scheduled meet-and-greet sessions from noon to 6PM Thursday-Saturday July 18-20.

Tangulls Salon will be open daily from 10AM-5PM. Park visiting hours remain at 9AM to 7PM daily, except Sunday when the Merchandise Trailer closes at 6PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 am 
Forum Support

Thanks for the update Mike! Hopefully someone here will visit during that time. I'd love to hear about it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next