Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:35 pm 

parking in myrtle beach
coming to myrtle beach the week of the 4th. need public parking for 1 car because our resort only allows so many parking passes. where can we park ?, staying around 20th south ocean, myrtle beach..
thanks Cherie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:26 am 

I'm not quite sure how the public parking works in Myrtle Beach. I don't think you can park in the public beach access lots for extended periods of time. If you won't be needing your car i.e. you'll be riding with someone else during your stay, then you can always park it at the airport I guess. Kind of an odd situation. I don't know what else to tell you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Here is the information from the City of Myrtle Beach concerning parking meters:
http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/meters.html

The Pavilion Parking Garage may be a better option for you. It is located at 9th Ave. N. on Kings Hwy. Unless there has been a price increase since last year, the cost is $5. day...weekly $15. There are self pay station in the garage.

Let me do a little more research today on the garage as I'm not getting much information from google.

Another option is free garage parking in The Market Common. There are two garages located here, and parking is free at both locations.

Enter this into a google search line:
market common myrtle beach map

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 pm 

Have you asked the resort for possible solutions? It's a common problem for them so I'm sure most would have suggestions for parking the extra car. Some of the places we've dealt with through the years have either had an overflow lot a few blocks away or at least pointed us to an empty lot in the neighborhood.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm 

thanks everyone for the suggestions. the one website tells you a little more about the parking info. thanks again. I already talked to the resort and they just told me I would have to find public parking somewhere for the other vhicle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:56 pm 
Forum Support

lilcherie wrote:
thanks everyone for the suggestions. the one website tells you a little more about the parking info. thanks again. I already talked to the resort and they just told me I would have to find public parking somewhere for the other vhicle.

Umm wow! I am surprised by the general answer they gave you. :(

Did you actually speak to someone AT the resort? A lot of the times when you call, you get someone who is in a office somewhere in Myrtle Beach.