Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Myrtle Beach vs Surfside
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:27 am 

I know this is a MB forum but I am wondering if there much of difference in these two. We have stayed in NMB and MB but are considering staying in Surfside this year. Is Surfside lined up with the rental umbrellas and chairs like MB? Would we have to set our umbrella up behind the rentals? Are there things to do in Surfside?
thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 pm 

The first year (1993)that we stayed in M.B. it was in Surfside.It's alot more quiet than M.B. or North M.B.,but you are really close enough to everything,that a short drive will get you to just about anything.
Right out by Surfside is plenty of restaurants,the water park,the flea market,mini golf,Murrells Inlet,Paulys Island, Brookgreen Garden,downtown Myrtle with Ripleys Believe it or Not,Ripleys 4D ride,surf shops,the ferris wheel,haunted houses,zip lines,and soooo much more,all within a 2-15 minute or so drive.
I cant remember about the umbrellas.

We've stayed in North Myrtle for the last 10 yrs.While its still busy,its more quiet than the heart of M.B.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:00 pm 

It really depends on where u stay . If you are in or near one of the larger hotels in the area then they will be more beach chairs. I think they have about the same laws as far as the umbrellas go. Don't know if you would have that much trouble if you are staying in a stretch with condos and no major public accesses or pier. No trouble finding food or entertainment in the area and the drive to batb and other places is not bad.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:25 pm 

Surfside Beach is noticeably more quiet than Myrtle or North Myrtle Beach as a previous poster suggested. It's filled with a lot more home rentals. The only reason I've never stayed in Surfside Beach is because I have a dog which I like to bring down and I can't bring her on the beach at all anytime in the warmer months. Other municipalities allow it after 5 or 6 p.m. where as Surfside does not.

The "Umbrella Line" affects all of Horry County, though.