Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:18 pm 

We’ve been going through a Realty Company for quite some time now, ( Elliot Realty) and they have been great and had alot to chose from. But lately it seems like the “pickins” have slimmed down.

Would love to know who are you going through ?

Cathy

Last edited by cathyh on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 am 

We have used VRBO for years and have had great experiences. You can deal with the owner directly and read reviews. I think tends to be a little cheaper as well. We have used VRBO at three different places in Myrtle Beach and have gone back to the same places we have been so pleased. Our August reservation is through VRBO at Regency Towers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am 

Another option is AirBNB. We have used it many places (except Myrtle Beach !) with great results.....

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Myrtle-Beach-- ... g=kj-hbYfU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm 

I have VRBO and Realty Companies with success. I usually spend the winter months searching for the best price and location. For a number of years in a row we stayed at the same place so searching was not necessary.

Condo hunting is one of my favorite winter pass times.

I tend to stay in condos rather than the hotels. Stayed at the Sands Ocean Club a number of times but again we used a Realty company.

All but once on Shore Drive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm 

We never tried Sands Ocean Club but have stayed at Sands Beach Club years ago. We did looked into Sands Beach Club, but it seems lkie they’re still under construction.? They were doing construction there last year too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cathy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 pm 

We have used VRBO for years. We have saved money every time by booking through them vs through the hotel. We like being able to book a particular condo and knowing what we are getting. We have booked at Landmark, Caravelle, Sands Ocean Club and this year at Beach Cove. The main thing to be aware of is that most properties do not include daily maid service and if something is wrong you must go through the owner, not the hotel. Knock on wood we have not had any problems, except last year I locked us out of the room but the hotel was fabulous and had security walk us up to get in so I could show them my id once in the room. Also, some properties won't let you use some amenities if you don't book through the hotel. I know Sands is like this, you can't use the waterpark if you don't book through the hotel. Some won't let you use the fitness centers, etc. Again, none of that has been enough to keep us from using VRBO as the money we have saved has been worth it. Oh, and always ask if linens are included. Most of the time they are, but one year at Caravelle we had to bring our own towels (no big deal, but good to know lol.)
Melissa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 pm 

We've stayed at The Long Bay Resort for almost 15 years and rented directly through the hotel, until the last 2 years -- we like the Savoy building and rented a penthouse with Oceanfront Gurus. They were great to work with and it was cheaper than a regular 3 bedroom through the resort. However, that building must not be part of the resort now because it isn't cleaned daily and the pool in front of it was closed the last two years and never cleaned. This resort has gone WAY down and this year we knew we didn't want to stay there.

I've rented with vrbo.com in the OBX, in FL, in MI and in AL with no issues so we looked for a new condo in MB this year. I found a great 3 bedroom at the Island Vista - and rented from vrbo.com but it was actually ran through Stoppers Century21 realty. We picked up the parking info and keyless entry at their office. It was cheaper than renting from the Island Vista - but we didn't know we were missing certain perks. We had to schlep our luggage and groceries up to the 9th floor without luggage carts. The resort doesn't have them, but if you rent through the resort, you get bellhop service. Would have been nice to know. Also we had to get our pool bands, parking passes and a key card to get the pool towels from the main desk and they make you feel like a 2nd class guest because you didn't reserve with them, some rude comments as we were walking away were overheard and we kept being told "if you'd rented with us.....".

I'd totally recommend vrbo.com - I haven't had any issues with anything I've found there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:42 am 

We have used both a reality and VRBO for many years. For us it just depends on the $$$$ and the condo amenities. We are fortunate to have gotten to know the owners of a VRBO condo that we love. It is always clean and beautifully decorated. We never have to worry if the carpet will be dirty or the furniture broken. Our last trip to MB we booked late and had to stay at a resort. No comparison. We will be sticking with our VRBO owner.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:40 pm 

This is my second year with VRBO and so far no issues. I like the reviews on a specific unit or house as they seem more personnel than some you get on TA or such places.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm 

Deanna,

If you don’t mind me asking, where is the place you stay, sounds like you have lucked out with great owners. We were able to rent from an owner( who were great) for a couple of years, then the owner sold that unit and we haven’t used vrbo since. We aren’t going until Sept. but I like to book as soon as possible.

Cathy