Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:40 pm 

Where was your favorite place to stay in The Grand Strand (South/North or in between)..
and why. And would you stay there again?

I would say our favorite place to stay was at The Sea Watch Resort My kids loved all the pool games, especially "limbo" poolside. The DJ was great and always entertaining the kids. Hubby and I were able to get a frozen drink at the Tiki hut and relax by the pool And the best part was the beach. I remember how nice and wide the beach was there especially at low tide. We would love to go back there again. Such great memories in Myrtle Beach !!

Cathy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 am 

We stayed at St Clements, a part of the Caravelle, up on 70th street for 16 years until we moved here. A semicircle hotel with only 7 floors and 56 rooms, it seemed almost private. The hotel jutted out very near the beach and the room had a wall of windows looking out on the ocean, giving you the feeling you were sitting directly over the water. The rooms were not the most modern, but that only added to the "beach house " feeling.

It was also up on 70th street, away from all the hubbub downtown and close to restaurant row. We were able to take advantage of all the activities, pools and concierge of the Caravelle. Going down to the same place that many years you got to know others that owned or just happen to rent the same week as you making it feel even more homey.

We moved down by Surfside Beach three years ago now so we don't venture up that way too often. When we have it stills seems to look the same, but we often wonder if the people are the same or have they also moved on. Three years is a long time in hotel time, everything can change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 pm 

We used to stay on the high avenues in MB proper when I was growing up. It's been so long I can't remember the name. Might of been ocean dunes or sand dunes. Don't know if those have been around that long. I remember coming into the beach on the bypass and all the bypass had was trees going down both sides. It was actually a true bypass back in those days . Couldn't wait until dad would make a right to turn down toward the ocean. Moved down to Surfside /Garden City area when we got older. Stayed at Royal Garden and Waters Edge one year.

Don't really have a favorite that stands out. Spent very little time in the room or using hotel amenities. Just glad to be at the beach and could pretty much sleep anywhere. I could spend a week on an air mattress at the beach and be happy.

Last edited by MBKY on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:40 am 

North Beach Plantation and almost anything Barefoot Resorts has to offer. When I was younger we liked One Ocean Place in Surfside, and Mar Vista Grande in NMB.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 pm 

For a resort we like Compass Cove and Coral Beach...not fancy...but suits our needs...but most of the time we like rentals in Surfside Beach...We stayed at Cafe Mocha for several years...but it was too big when the kids grew up and did not always come with us...we have done several condos...most nicely updated...Next summer we are staying in a small house...no pool...but 2nd row so close to the beach...we all decided we wanted to go back to a house rather than a condo. We rent through Old Colony Realty. They have always treated us great.