Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: We will not be back
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am 

"Again, I know it can happen anywhere. If I happen to get a flat tire from driving down a back road shortcut that is riddled with scrap metal, I don't give up driving, but chances are I won't drive down that road again."

:beerchug: Couldn't agree with you more...

Monteray Bay -2011
Surfside Beach House- 2013

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm 

With all the nonsense going on the last few weeks my family has pondered cancelling our vacation in MB and going elsewhere. With much thought we decided to keep out booking and go to MB. We shall see how it goes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:43 pm 

I just returned from a road trip that was in a college town that is considered to be where the "rich people" send their kids. The area around the college was really nice but just a couple of miles down the road was a neighborhood that I would really be concerned about walking around in . Unfortunately most of America has good areas as well as some not so good. The chances of something bad happening is not likely , but sometimes it does. Myrtle Beach is not any different. Go to a Charleston forum and you will see that it is recommended that you don't stay in certain sections of that city too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:15 pm 

I went to Albright College for two years, which is in Reading PA. The campus and the surrounding area was very nice and "upperclass"...butttttt if you went 2-3 blocks off campus you were in the hood. My roommate got robbed at gunpoint the 2nd day we were there because he was in that area. Nothing ever happened to me, because I avoided those areas.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 am 

It's gonna happen no matter where you are. One thing, don't leave anything out where it can be seen. Not even a carton on Pepsi, because they'll sure come get them a can even if it's by the door lol our cars at home have nothing in them, well my daughters yes!! LOL but my run around car nothing and our 300, that seldom gets driven, nothing. We stayed last year in a rinky dink place in Conway because we came down the day before we were to check in and it was the only place we could get (mustang week) We did not feel safe but nothing happened. Thank God! Because there were some shady characters there lol .. anyway, my input, if you don't have things out to be seen or taken your probably a tad lol safer!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:41 am 

Exactly. If it rains at the beach and I have a bad time, I'm not going to stop going. I'm going to try it again the next day and get over it because it'll be nice out and I'll have a swell time.