Please click eack image to enlarge to original size.
Lexington, VA - Celebration of Life to honor Alice Carroll Wykoff
Lexington Wax Museum - History of The Civil War 1861-1865 4. Pink Cadallic (at the restaurant)
Stonewall Jackson Memorial Cemetery 2. Our guide on the Lexington Carriage Ride 3. VMI 4. Blue Ridge Mountains
1. Maury River formed a portion of an all-water route from the Atlantic ports of Virginia to Lexington from the late 18th to the late 19th century, carrying passengers, equipment and agricultural products. 2. Connected to the James River and Kanawha Canal at Glasgow, a series of canals, locks and dams allowed travel through the shallow, rocky river. The first canal boat reached Lexington in 1860. 3. Willow Grove, est. 1780. 4. Blue Ridge Mountains
Natural Bridge Hotel, Entrance to Natrual Bridge, Col. Robert "Doc" Carroll of VMI, Dale and I
1. and 2. Breakfast Natural Bridge Hotel 3. and 4. A quiet spot and some wind chimes for Alice. (Carroll Ann and Randy.)
Off the highways, onto the side roads. Lexington to Boone, NC. Old barns and houses
Stop for ice cream at one of the entrances to the Appalachian Trail. Large outlet mall near Wytheville, VA now empty!
1. - 2. The lodge in Boone. 4000 ft. elevation 3. Josslyn and Abby 4. Lodge Dwellers
1.Employees at Mast Store 2. Mast building. 3. Big James and Little James. 4. Josslyn and Abby.
1. Valle Crucis Post Office 2. Wally snags a Nehi. (His sister Sara behind him.)
3. Sara. 4. Me with Paula. 4. Inside Mast General store.
1. Kenan and Mike. 2 and 3. Kenan 4. Amy and Mike 5. Brothers Mike and Jamie
1. Brothers Wally and Tom 2. Ann and Wally 3. Sara (Wally and Tom's sister) with her husband Joe.
4. Joan's brother Dick and his wife Maggie. 5. Jamie and daughter Katelyn
1. David Sherer, the awesome pianist at Ann and Curt's Rehersal Dinner. 2. Deer spotted at Hound Ears Club in Boone.
3. Wally. 4. Paula and I 5. Ann with Joan.
1. Big James and Little James 2. Almost Heaven, West Virginia 3. Paula, Wally, Tom and Linda.
4. Jamie, Ann, Wally, Kate and Meghan
The Lodge. 1. Josslyn and Abby 2. It's the "Have passports. Will Travel" friends! 3. The always lovely Lisa and
4. Lisa's husband Bart with their daughter Abby. 5. Grilling in the rain.